Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 11.145: Tour guide; awards

We had a slightly over-booked evening. Exile #2 dropped Exile #3 at ballet class and then headed straight across town to drop E5N1 at school where he had volunteered as a tour guide for the families of second graders who will soon be starting there.

An hour or so later, Exile #2 and I set out again to collect Exile #3 early from her dance class and take her to her school. I then went in search of E5N1, hoping to get him on time or a little early from his shift and take him back to Exile #3's event. When I arrived, it seemed things were running a little late if anything, but fortunately E5N1 had picked up our neighbors in his tour group and they were kind enough to be willing to bring him home when they were done so I didn't have to wait and could get myself back to the High School.

Still with me?

Anyway, I was a bit flustered but on time for the beginning of the ceremony to honor the Honor Roll student and award recipients in the Class of 2020. Exile #3 had been honored by both her History and English teachers in addition to her Honor Roll listing - here she is getting her pin from the headmaster:


It seemed a lot more exhausting than it should, but having written about it - maybe that's not such a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.