Friday, July 15, 2022

Day 15.186: Cool - science?

Since I’ve been at home in the morning and often on my own in the main part of the house, I’ve experimented with cooling methods to make the most of the cool morning air outside. The coolest air is at the back of the house in the morning so opening the window above the sink is a good start:


Opening a window at the front allows for an occasional through-breeze, but how to deploy a fan to help?

Based on my unscientific research, this appears to be the best option:


Blowing air out the front to draw air in the back and positioned a little way inside to get maximum flow (supposedly). In any case, we get a nice breeze from the kitchen window this way until the back of the house warms up.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same sort of thing when I'm WFH, waiting until my weather station shows that inside & outside temps match.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.