Thursday, November 30, 2023

Day 16.324: Delivered quietly

You need a bit of context for this one. Sometimes I take a screenshot on my phone by accident and this is one of those. The other context you need is that if I am replying to a message while multitasking; I’m often a bit terse -  sometimes perhaps too terse and this is also one of those occasions. 

I discovered this today:


I feel like the “Delivered Quietly” was trying to save me from my terseness. It’s definitely better than “No” delivered bluntly or delivered stridently or many other adverb options. 

The context reveals that the “quietly” was not of my making and so I have to trust that my brevity was not taken amiss:

At least I resisted the temptation to insist on a notification of my important message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.