Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 7.098: Heat and cold

For the second morning in a row I had to put my below-freezing running gear on this morning. For the second morning in a row, the room I did it in was not at a comfortable temperature.

(Unrelated picture from one of my last runs in Portland)

On Thursday, our bedroom was very cold when I woke up and I later discovered that the thermostat had been adjusted, so I readjusted it. By the time we went to bed Thursday night, our room was very warm and I was unable to convince myself the thermostat was now working at all. I ordered a replacement. It was still very warm when I got up to run this morning, and by the time I got back from work after the door had been closed for most of the day it was well into the 70's.

Even taking the thermostat off the wall did not stop the heating, but I have now found a manual valve to close which I hope will result in an overnight cool-down.  Whether the new thermostat, which should arrive tomorrow, will solve anything seems doubtful right now, but we can try!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.