Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day 10.320: Exile #2's Sunday Column #182

Exile #2 writes...

I stayed home today as, to my surprise, I woke up with a sore throat and full-blown cold. Still, the timing could have been worse. Fortunately, it held off long enough for me to cook for and enjoy Thanksgiving. Some of what I made was what you would expect to find at a traditional Thanksgiving: pies (pumpkin and chocolate), roast potatoes, cranberry sauce (albeit a fancy one with nuts, orange, and port in it), and mashed potatoes (with a little celeriac mixed in for interest). Other things may have betrayed our British roots, such as the sage and onion sausage stuffing, and bread sauce. I think it’s safe to say no one had ever heard of, let alone tasted that!

While the others were out for much of the day today, attending church, and later decorating it for advent, I stayed home and started stirring something up for the the next celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.