Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 10.314: Unseen shells on empty beaches

On Saturday morning I ran to the beach. It's beautiful all year round, but I particularly love it when it is empty which is really reserved for the cold months. In the summer months, as well as having to share the views, we will rarely find an interesting shell on this stretch of beach as there are so many treasure hunters around. Not so at this time of year. I saw these surprisingly big mussel and snail shells (it was cold enough for me to run in two pairs of gloves - but no so cold I couldn't take one off for scale!) in fact I saw several of each about this size along a short stretch of the sand.


All of which reminded me of this - one of the first songs we wrote about life in coastal Maine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.