Friday, June 7, 2019

Day 12.148: Picnic at the Pops

It was just as well that the new travel insurance service Freebird that my employer has recently started using allowed me to change airlines and get home albeit rather later than intended. While we were at the concert yesterday evening I was still getting updates about the flights I would still have been working my way home on if I had stuck with my original plans and allowed the airline to reschedule my flights.

The weather was also kind and we were able to sit outside and watch E5N1 in the jazz band:


and the full band (the separate 6th grade and 7th/8th grade bands combined) - yes he is in this picture but not easy to spot!


and also hear the orchestra play in between. It was a crowd-pleasing concert of familiar songs. Here's a bit of one of the jazz band numbers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.