Thursday, September 24, 2020

Day 13.258: Peekaboo with the birds at Two Lights State Park

To be fair, a few of the birds (like the gull on the rock) at Two Lights on Sunday posed quite nicely, and I can't really fault the ducks (a large gathering of common eider in a variety of plumage I think) or the passing cormorants for being a long way away.

The red-breasted nuthatch (top row) was certainly messing with me - hiding behind the trees until it decided to give me a perfect Maine pose with a pinecone (albeit with less than ideal lighting). What I assume is a female yellowthroat barely stayed still for long enough to get the camera pointed in the right direction - and never long enough for a second try.

The bottom left picture may be a black and white warbler but again, it didn't want to cooperate with my attempts to get a reliable identification photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.