Monday, January 11, 2021

Day 14.001: A sincere apology

On January 11th 2008, when the predecessor of this blog, Exiles in New York marked one year of living in the US, I decided to advance the numbering from Day 365 to Day 1.001, and so it has continued with each year having days <year>.001 to <year>.365 or <year>.366. When I made that fateful decision, I didn't realize what it was going to cause in the year from January 11th 2020 to January 10th 2021, the 366 days known as unlucky Year 13 (our 14th year in Exile).

Maybe I should have just moved from Day 12.365 to Day 14.001 - pretending this blog's years were floors in an American hotel, but would that have been enough to fool fate?

In any case, I'm very sorry and it won't happen again.


Now, with the turning of the page into Year 14, I make no guarantees about any change in the world health, political or social situation, but as of today I take no blog-numbering-related responsibility for anything that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.