Sunday, October 22, 2023

Day 16.285: Exile #2's Sunday Column #455

Exile #2 writes...

After a fun but all too brief (for us anyway) break, Exile #4 headed back to college today. The drive was not exactly relaxing but it was pretty as all but the oaks have turned to beautiful shades of yellow, red, and orange. Having dropped off a bag of freshly laundered clothes and some food supplies for emergencies, we all had lunch at a nearby pub before Exile #1 and I got back on the road.


Our conversation at the pub ranged widely through the weird and wonderful but had a small detour around the fact that motorways in the UK are always given the definite article whereas in the US highways are not. So it is the M25 but I-95. This is one I still regularly mess up on and instantly identify myself as an interloper. I made sure to practic(s)e as we got on I-290.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.