Friday, October 13, 2017

Day 10.276: Asticou and Jordan Pond Path (twice)

With rain and strong winds expected later in the day, we got out as early as we reasonably could on Sunday morning to walk a trail before the weather hit.

We chose the wonderfully named "Asticou and Jordan Pond Path" which starts at the Asticou Map House (mid-left) and ends with at the Jordan Pond House with its lawn overlooking Jordan Pond (bottom right). The trail was entertaining - with steps and streams breaking up the woodland trail with its apparently seaweed-covered trees.


When we arrived at the far end, we decided that it would be best for me to go back along the trail and bring the car around to meet the rest of the party. I had my trail running shoes on so I left everything except my phone and the car keys and set off to run back along the trail in jeans and t-shirt. I passed a couple of surprised groups, then decided I was getting too sweaty in the pre-storm humidity and took my shirt off. I really surprised the next group.

It didn't take me long to get back to the car or to bring the car around the island to the Jordan Pond House. Meeting up with everyone was made harder by there being no parking spaces, no cell phone signal and lots of other people cruising for any spaces that might open up. Astonishingly, the girls spotted me and then Exile #2 found me on one of my passes through the parking lots and we were able to get everyone into the car as the heavens opened and head into Bar Harbor for some well-deserved lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.