Sunday, October 22, 2017

Day 10.285: Exile #2's Sunday Column #177

Exile #2 writes...

This week was exhausting for both Exile #1 and myself, albeit in different ways. While Exile #1 spent long hours on his feet, representing his company, hob-nobbing with celebrities, company mascots and cart horses, I held down the fort at home, taxi driving every which way and raking like my life depended on it (fortunately, it didn’t because now it looks like I was never there).

One of the jobs I did while Exile #1 was away, was to head over to the hardware store for a replacement for our garbage disposal which, having sounded like a chainsaw for a while, finally decided it could Insinkerate no more. The YouTube videos I found made the process of replacement look simple enough for non experts to attempt. As we soon discovered, however, the videos omitted the awkwardness of unwedging a unit that had been in place for some time, and more significantly, the difficulties of dealing with “idiosyncratic” under-sink plumbing. As predicted, another trip to the hardware store was required to find some appropriate pipework, but I’m pleased to say that Exile #1 came up with a fix, and we once again have a terrifying piece of kitchen equipment in our plughole.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.