Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 11.263: Exile #2's Sunday Column #222

Exile #2 writes...

So, one upside of the squirrel bonanza, is the disappearance of the acorns from our oak tree. Last year, I was clearing them up every few days, and eventually resorted to vacuuming them off the lawn (with a shop vac, I hasten to add). This year, the squirrels are doing all that for me. They are also making themselves a nuisance at local pumpkin patches and munching their way through all the apples in the orchards.

Exile #1 has been continuing his own battle against the rodent population in the garage. This morning, on checking the trap, he discovered that he had attracted a whole new population - a community of ants. They hadn’t been enough to trigger the trap but they’d made short work of the bait.

My fun thing of the day did not involve rodents or insects. Instead, I helped the kids in Sunday School start off some cress seeds.


I was surprised at first that this is not a thing in America - I’m sure no one is allowed to move on to High School in the UK unless they have filled an eggshell with cress at some point but, of course, Americans have their own version in Chia Pets and they have taken it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.