Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Day 11.245: Remember when...

It seems like everyone wants to remind me what I was doing a year ago, or nine years ago or whatever. Facebook and Google Photos are the prime offenders for me - on an almost daily basis finding some excuse to turn the clock back. Of course, it's a tactic I've used on this blog (partly thanks to the handy numbering system) to cope with a slow news day in the life of the Exiles.

Recently, I set our computer off doing a background task of uploading all our photos to Google Photos as both searchable archive and backup. This is thanks to the introduction of Google Backup and Sync which, unlike the older Google Photos Uploader, can be set to not use all the available bandwidth (something that is rather unpopular in a house full of teenagers). This means that various old photos are appearing on a daily basis in my Google Photos account and occasionally I have been using the search option to see what has been recently added - giving me another (rather random) flashback feature.

Today's excitement was a set of photos from June 2015 when we visited the local zoo. I was rather hoping that this photo would go viral as some kind of meme (and offered a few suggestions) but alas, it has not happened yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.