Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Day 13.222: Massabesic Experimental Forest

Sometimes a place has a name that roughly translates to, "It doesn't matter what is there, we have to go" - so it was that today we found ourselves at Massabesic Experimental Forest.

It's name may be remarkable, but so is the place - we walked about four miles of trails (and a little road excursion when I got turned around and mistook where we were). The woodland is amazingly varied and the trails were well tended.


There were not many animals visible, but we heard them around us. I resigned myself to taking pictures of things that weren't moving:


but I did catch a chickadee and a chipmunk:


The wood frog was probably the most interesting sighting and definitely the best wildlife photo of the day. The kids saw the frog - Exile #2 and I must have walked right past - and Exile #3 took the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.