Saturday, August 22, 2020

Day 13.225: All the Saco beaches

Exile #2 and I walked the length of the Saco beaches this morning just after low tide. We parked at Camp Ellis, and walked along past Ferry Beach and Bayview and Kinney Shores to Goosefare Brook and back.

The major excitement started when we saw what seemed to be a large bird having just dived into the water. I snapped this quick picture:


I couldn't tell what it was, but from its size and behavior, I suspected an osprey.

I never got definitive confirmation, but I got some decent photos that removed any doubt once they could be viewed properly:


Later we saw a second one (there may have been three in fact), but this one seemed a bit uncertain as it was mobbed by some gulls - it seems to be a young one:


Closer to us, were some sandpipers (almost certainly semi-palmated):


and it was a lovely day for a walk apart from all that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.