Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 8.316: Exile #2's Sunday Column #82

Exile #2 writes...

This Thursday will be thanksgiving and preparations are afoot. One thing we have to be thankful for is the fact that Exile #3 is largely back to normal, and only coughing occasionally. I am also beginning to feel more human, having spent the last few days sniffling and sleeping. Aside from Exile #3's dance outing last night (which I was disappointed to miss), we have had a weekend of quiet, home-based pursuits: reading (Exile #1 just tore through the the latest David Mitchell novel), snoozing, random acts of knitting on my part and, oh, more snoozing.

Exile #1 did come out to the supermarket with me at one point, to provide moral support and muscle power on this pre-Thanksgiving weekend. It wasn't too crazy, thankfully, which was just as well, as I seemed to be having trouble with the simplest of decisions. I might still be standing in front of the display of aluminu(i)m foil if it wasn't for Exile #1. Maybe I was just dizzied by the sight of so much luridly dyed festive food (red and green holiday tortilla chips, anyone?).



Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to you from the Exiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.