Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day 10.194: Exile #2's Sunday Column #166

Exile #2 writes...

We got home from camp with E5N1 at around midday yesterday, so I set about throwing together some lunch. I had a couple of things going on the hob, and something else in the microwave, when the kitchen started to seem a little smoky - then really smoky. I started turning things off, and moving them off the heat. I was a bit confused because I had only just started cooking, but the smoke only got worse. I called for reinforcements, but we still couldn't figure out what was going on, until we looked up to see acrid smoke pouring out of the housing of the microwave. Our best guess is that a motor burnt out. I guess it decided it had done 20 years good service, and was ready for retirement.

So, after eating our lunch out in the fresh, not smoky, air, our afternoon was spent searching out and fitting a new microwave.



Today, Exile #4 suggested that we should replace the fridge (which is of a similar vintage) before it too has a catastrophic failure. I really have no idea whose child she is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.