Thursday, January 4, 2018

Day 10.359: Blizzard conditions

Since we knew the schools were going to be closed today, I was only one getting up for anything this morning. Since it was not yet snowing, I decided I didn't have any reason not to go in, so I drove to work where the first flakes were just starting to fall.

I left around 11 am since I could do the rest of my duties just as well from home. The roads were passable but a little more exciting than I would like. The flip-side of that is that since the plows had not yet been so there was no blockage at the end of the driveway.

Snow continued to fall into the evening and the wind got up during the afternoon - but so far we have had no ill-effects beyond a foot of snow and some drifting. With another bitterly cold snap coming it is a bad time for people to be losing power due to the strong winds.

I went out twice to clear the snow. An inch or two has fallen since but it looks like we're pretty much done unless there is a lot of drifting of what has already fallen. A few hours ago, the plow went by for the second time and left a massive pile of snow across the entrance to the drive. I was not looking forward to having to deal with it but I was too tired to get straight out there. When I looked out an hour of so ago it was gone - one of our neighbors with a big snow blower must have dealt with it for us. I'm very thankful I don't have to go out again tonight or deal with that in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.