Friday, January 12, 2018

Day 11.002: Beer season

Since my birthday falls on January 8th, you might think that I would get Epiphany themed gifts every year, but it has not been so. Hang on - someone's telling me that no-one in their right mind would ever have thought that. Oh well, I'm going to go with it...

This year I received a four pack of this particular local beer - Foundation Brewing Company's Epiphany. I suppose that it's possible that its name was not the main point. In fact this beer has been a topic of discussion in our household for quite a while - partly because it is award-winning highly-regarded and sought-after and partly because as a result of all that it is rather difficult to come by.

When Exile #2 asked in my favourite local beer store they all but laughed and told her it never makes it this far from the brewery (we are 17 miles away). In fact, she ended up skipping the middle-men altogether and going to the brewery itself to buy these cans for my Epiphany birthday and I very much enjoyed the first one this evening. I could easily have opened a second, but at 8% and in a 16 oz can, I decided that one was probably enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.