Sunday, January 28, 2018

Day 11.018: Exile #2's Sunday Column #189

Exile #2 writes:

So, it all started a few days ago, when I felt like I had trapped a nerve in my shoulder. It was a little uncomfortable, not least because it made it difficult to take a full breath but after a day or so, it started to feel a little better. Not long after, however, my rib cage began to feel sore, again restricting my breathing. I could still do most of the things I needed to do, though, so I thought I would wait it out. Yesterday, however, Exile #1 and I decided to go for a walk on the beach. We didn’t get far before I realized I couldn’t continue. Even just shuffling along made my chest ache and made me feel quite breathless.

The urgent care center was on the way home, so we called in, and although they seemed fairly happy with my vitals, they suggested I go to the ER, and do so in an ambulance - slightly alarming!


Fortunately, the hospital wasn’t too busy and after a chest X-ray and a Cat Scan they decided I had some heart inflammation, probably caused by a virus. Although it was, and still is quite uncomfortable, I was very happy to be discharged with instructions to take ibuprofen for a few days and take it easy. All in all, not the afternoon we’d planned but it could have been a whole lot worse!

2 comments:

  1. As my Mum would say "What a to do!" Sorry you had to contend with all this, but very glad to hear the verdict sounds relatively reassuring. I hope you can get some rest and that it and the ibuprofen do their thing. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top marks for remembering to smile for the blog in spite of everything!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.