Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Day 11.132: Capital detour

The mystery location for my trip was Ohio. A few minutes after my alarm went off this morning I discovered that my 8:20 flight was delayed to 10:00 more than enough for me to miss my connection. A few seconds later, it was delayed to 11:45 (it was canceled several hours later but by then I had made other arrangements). I managed to get my flights changed to a connection through Washington D.C. with only about an hour delay to my original schedule.

I was slow to realize that there might be some sights to see as we came in to land and so missed capturing a rather good view of the White House, Even from the concourse windows, the Washington Monument and the Capitol are pretty easy to spot:


The last photo shows a crowd gathering to greet some war veterans on one of the "Honor Flights" that are organised to take them to the war memorials and other sights. There was a jazz band and lots of people stopped to welcome them. I, however, remembered that I should make sure I got my flight and - thanks to that thought - I am home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.