Friday, October 19, 2018

Day 11.282: Pep?

It's fair to say I was surprised and a little skeptical when the girls told me that they needed to be at school at 5:30 this morning for a pep rally. Seriously, who can be peppy at that time of day? But I took them nevertheless:


and we did see evidence of at least one of them being peppy on TV:


This evening when they were probably flagging, we dropped Exile #3 off at the dance studio for a company sleepover and the rest of us went back to school for the next event in this Homecoming weekend - a bonfire.

E5N1 was quite keen and Exile #4 met up with a few of  her friends, so that was a success too.


3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm going to stick my head above the parapet...What is 'pep', and why do you need to go to a rally to do it?!

    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe "pep" is a kind of communal enthusiasm. I guess the rally provides the communal part. Apparently the enthusiasm can even be generated in a group of teenagers at stupid o'clock but how that happens remains a mystery to me.

      Delete
  2. I see. Thanks for the translation!

    A

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.