Sunday, January 6, 2019

Day 11.361: Exile #2's Sunday Column #232

Exile #2 writes...

All the air travel has finally caught up with me, and I have a rotten cold. I’m hoping the other Exiles don’t succumb to it, but that might be a little optimistic. In the hopes of limiting the contagion, we did cancel some plans this weekend, but at least that gave Exiles #3 and #4 a chance to catch up on some school work, and it gave us all the opportunity to play some of our new Christmas games. A few of them involve puns and word play, and E5N1 is, once more, surprising us with how good he is at that sort of thing. As I think I have mentioned before, when he was in Elementary school he scored highly in a test category called “recognition of nonsense words”. At the time we weren't sure how beneficial this ability could be, but perhaps it goes some way to explain his mysterious powers now. Exile #4, true to type, is more keen on another game that uses numbers instead of letters to build a Scrabble-like grid. She took off pretty fast right away, whereas I seemed to lose the ability to perform simple arithmetic when faced with the task of building a grid at speed. Anyway, I was very grateful for the distraction, and hope to be a little less snuffly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.