Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Day 12.005: Maine in the news

I get pretty excited when I hear stories from Maine in the national news. It doesn't happen very often (especially if you exclude national politics stories featuring our state representatives).

Recently I went full fan-boy when I heard one of our local public radio presenters doing a slot on NPR's Morning Edition - so much so that I couldn't remember what the item was about (it was not about Maine).

Today, Maine is once again in the news - this time because of a large disk of ice in the river in nearby Westbrook. In fact, as well as several national news outlets, even the Daily Mail picked up on this visual-friendly story today. Sadly, my schedule didn't allow me to get there to bring you my own coverage.

1 comment:

  1. As you may have seen, this story made it to the homepage of the BBC website just after you'd blogged about it!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.