Monday, February 12, 2024

Day 17.033: Birds at/off the beach

Most of the birds I saw were quite a way out in the water past the impressive breakers. The long lens was the only reason I got photos good enough for identification purposes.

Even the black scoters were not readily identified at the distance they were, but clear from the photos

This common loon was unmistakable by size and shape

And yes, the Canada geese  too

I really feel I should be able to pick out the long-tailed ducks by now, but again it took a photo

and flying too.

I like this picture of a gull (probably ring-billed)

and this one too.

Three house finches on a wire when we left the beach

generating drama as usual (for no apparent reason)

and once again I caught one in bullet-mode


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.