Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Day 17.076: Powerless

The ice storm brought a power outage, pretty trees and a few surprises on Sunday.

After waking up in a cold house, I got the generator going and then we got back to watching the birds.

and trying to photograph the ice in the trees with limited success.

One of the things we noticed was that without power overnight, our heated birdbath had frozen solid. I broke a large hole in the center and that worked for a while, but since the socket it is attached to is not one the generator powers, eventually - thanks to this goldfinch, I realized it had frozen over again.


This time, I was able to lift the whole disk of ice off:


An outing to get more fuel for the generator allowed me to see some more trees weighed down by their glassy coating of ice. So pretty, but very destructive.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.