Sunday, April 14, 2024

Day 17.095: Exile #2's Sunday Column #475

Exile #2 writes....

After After the wonders of witnessing the solar eclipse, the rest of the week was a bit more of a trudge for me, due to a cold, which took the wind out of my sails for a few days and still has me coughing and lacking the spring in my step that the lovely sunshine we’ve had this weekend would usually give me.

We did make it out for a walk though, including a trip down to the small coastal community of Camp Ellis, which is still in the process of rebuilding after multiple batterings this winter. We found the roads still covered in sand, some buildings resting on temporary pilings, and a couple of the coastal streets gone entirely. In a nearby town they have decided to abandon one road that has become prone to flooding. We wonder what Camp Ellis will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.