Sunday, September 8, 2024

Day 17.241: Exile #2’s Sunday Column #490

Exile #2 writes…

After returning from the UK last weekend, I have predictably been falling asleep on the sofa most evenings (apart from our night out in Boston which, miraculously, I managed to muscle through!). There has been plenty to catch up on, including the usual forms and letters for E5N1’s return to school. There have also been regular calls to the other side of the Atlantic, where my Mum is recovering well.

Although I’ve been dashing around, this piece of paper, on the floor next to my car in the supermarket parking lot, made me pause for a moment to read and wonder about its story. It has something of the Liverpool poet about it. I like the thought that it might be the first in a series to be found scattered about our town.

Note on ground by car tire reads: TO FOLOW YOU I AM CONTENT I WISH I KNOW WICH WEY YOU WENT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.