Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 7.242: A run on the beach

On Sunday, I planned my long run along a section of the coast in Old Orchard Beach. The route I planned took, for a while, the quiet side street separated from the beach by the last line of buildings. When I arrived there I decided I had to at least look at the sea, so I went to the back of the beach. Then I decided to see if there was enough hard sand to run on. There was a narrow strip between the gentle waves and the soft sand, so I started to run along it knowing that there were multiple opportunities to cut my losses and get back onto the street.

I never did. Instead I ran along the sand until my route cut back inland.


Can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.