Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 7.243: Dawn runner no more

Last week I beat my previous weekly running mileage record, clocking up 64 miles. When I mentioned this to Exile #2 she asked how I had managed it. She wasn't really asking that, but I had obviously done OK at keeping my running out of family quality time which is good. I haven't been running very long runs either - my longest was 16 miles on Sunday (including the beach) to round the week off.

It does mean starting quite early. My alarm goes off at 4 am so that I can be ready to step out the door at 5 am - sometimes with Exile #3 who needs to be back after her 15 minute run to get ready for school. She leaves at 6:40 - around the time I'm usually getting back home from the main part of my run.

I like running early in the morning, but at this stage, it's more like running in the middle of the night - and it's still summer. Yikes!

This was a few miles into my run the other day (that's the moon over the river):


Although, looking the other way gave some hint of dawn by that stage:


At least it's light by the time I get back home at the moment - that probably won't be true in three months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.