Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 8.092: Exile #2's Sunday Column #52

Exile #2 writes...

Apart from being our 1st year anniversary in Maine, it has mostly been an E5N1 sort of week. His birthday was on Wednesday. After a flurry of unwrapping and excitement, I took him and a load of cupcakes to school. I don't usually take him to school, thanks to the school bus but I'd been reminded by E5N1 that his class were leading assembly and that I should be there. Their presentation was full of timely reminders about safe bike riding and stranger danger, which they acted out with gusto before ending with a song, the lyrics of which seemed surprisingly understated for this side of the Atlantic.

"I've got superpowers, I can do most things myself
I've got superpowers I can do many things well"
(but not all - I know my limits!)

He continued the birthday fun this weekend by having a friend over. They had a great time playing inside and out, talking obsessively about Pokemon and Minecraft.



They had a great time and those of us who barely know our Jigglypuffs from our Wigglytuffs appreciated the break too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.