Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 8.208: Call me Mario!

On Sunday we woke up and remembered that we had some "issues" to attend to. About a week earlier we had discovered that the downstairs shower drain was leaking into the basement and then a few days later we discovered that the crack in the hand basin in the same bathroom was not as cosmetic as we'd been hoping and that that was also leaking (into the cabinet).

I was pretty much convinced that we would need a plumber to look at the shower, since I couldn't work out how to get the drain apart, but I was willing to at least consider attempting to replace the basin.

In fact, thanks to some better-targeted web searching, I got enough clues to have a go at dismantling the shower drain and actually managed to fix that leak before lunch using some of a full tub of plumbers putty that I had bought for some mystery project (I clearly didn't use much if any of it).

After lunch, we bought a new "vanity unit" top and a "faucet set" and by dinner time we had it installed and functional.


So yes, feel free to liken me to the most famous plumber in recent history - if I grew a mustache and put the weight that I've lost back on I'd probably look more than a little like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.