Saturday, August 29, 2015

Day 8.231: Beginning and end

The middle of the day was great today - we had a hike, Exile #4 went to a birthday party, we did some much-needed yard-work, but since I don't have time to do our hike justice tonight, I'll tell you about the beginning and end of the day instead.

My day started with a long run (not long by marathon-training standards - but as long as I've done in a few weeks). I stopped at around half way to take a few photos. It looked like this:





Later, we spotted a rare mammal in the back-yard. This is a very secretive creature, rarely coming out of its den except to eat, but today it spent some time hanging around outside:


If you can't make it out from this photo, it's an Exile #3.

And my day ended with this:


A 22 oz bottle of 9.3% beer - which probably explains everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.