Monday, February 6, 2017

Day 10.027: Midwinter Classic #3

Yesterday I ran the local 10 mile Midwinter Classic for the third straight year.

Running a race at this time of year is challenging for a variety of reasons. Two years ago, one challenge was whether a gap in the almost continuous snow storms would allow the race to take place. When it did, I wondered how my foot would hold up since I had been derailed from much in the way of running by foot problems since a pause in training to record some music in November.

Last year, I was well into my training for the Boston Marathon and in much better shape. The weather was kind and I took about four minutes off my time.

This year, I was injury free and the weather was kind again but I was seriously out of training - having not run at all in November and December due to music and laziness and took a while to get even back to 50% of my normal levels once January arrived. Still, I ran the race and had a good time - even if I failed to run the race in a good time (actual time ten minutes slower than last year).

This is what hardy New England runners look like when showing up for a race in the first week of February in Maine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.