Saturday, April 21, 2018

Day 11.101: Saco river view

This afternoon, Exile #2 and I walked down through Laurel Hill Cemetery to its view over one of three or four wide sections of the Saco River between the mill and the ocean:


At one point, in the distance we watched a bird hover then dive, then hover again before plummeting into the water. I couldn't work out what could be behaving like that and I doubted that my photographs at such a long range would help. As it turned out, they were good enough to see that it was a belted kingfisher.


I think it's because we've become used to seeing ocean-fishing birds that it did not cross my mind.

I also took this at a similar range of what looks like an egret soaring high above us on the thermals:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.