Sunday, October 24, 2021

Day 14.287: Exile #2's Sunday Column #367

Exile #2 writes...

We’re due to have our first (probably mild) frost of the season tonight. We’ve done well to avoid it so far, so there are no complaints here. Nor am I complaining that our oak trees seem to have decided to lay off acorn production this year. Perhaps they can tell we’ve all had enough to contend with.


In other news, we seem to have been honing our descriptions of each other at home. I have decided to keep note of them, to see who coins - or inspires the best. Exile #1 described me as “manifestly not bad” the other day, which I thought I might adopt as a tag line. I can’t quite remember the context but perhaps I will get it made up into a t-shirt. Later in the week, E5N1, told Exile #3, mid argument. that she was “painstaking annoying”. It brought whatever the dispute was to a pretty swift end because it was hard not to see the funny side of being not just annoying but painstakingly annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.