Sunday, May 21, 2023

Day 16.131: Still in one piece

You’ll be happy to know that my improvised bird feeder stand survived the wild stormy night. We had a couple of inches of rain and some strong winds. 

This evening, Exile #4 and I went to Portland to pick up takeout for dinner. We were ten minutes away from delivering hot food home when the low tire pressure warning light came on and I realized there was an odd sound from the front drivers side wheel and it probably wasn’t yet another false alarm. Unfortunately, we were on I-95 and changing a driver’s side tire on the shoulder of a 70 mph speed limit highway was pretty unappealing. Fortunately, I was pretty confident in my skills having done the exercise recently. I pulled over as far as I could / leaving just the drivers side wheels on the far edge of the shoulder and got to work. Ten minutes later we were back on the move and the food was still hot. 

The tire was also very hot - there was a slight burned smell when I opened the trunk just now to take this picture. 


Glad we (like the bird feeder) are still in one piece after an unexpected ordeal. 

1 comment:

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.