Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 7.287: Racing - uphill both ways

Last Sunday morning I ran a small local half marathon. The course is almost entirely on this rail-trail.


I have run along different sections of it on several occasions - often, like the race, out-and-back and I've had the same experience each time - it's uphill in both directions.

I am aware that this is not actually true.  But it really feels like it.

Obviously, being a former railroad line, it is not steep anywhere but I don't know why long fairly-flat sections can somehow appear to slope up whichever way I'm running. I don't have the same problem running on roads, I can usually tell the difference between gentle uphill and gentle downhill slopes, but on this trail - no way.

Anyway - my uphill-all-the-way half marathon got me a 3 minute PR, so I'm pretty happy considering the injury problems I had during training.

Onward and (since I seem to have no choice) upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.