Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 7.277: Running update (or not)

Back on Day 7.250 I wrote about getting back to running after three days off with an injured foot. It went well and I managed a reduced mileage week followed by two normal weeks. Then, on my last run of the week before last, I felt the familiar pain in the foot.

It turned out to be worse than the last time - this time I managed only two miles in the whole week (last week) even though I got up every morning and went out to try. Eventually on Sunday afternoon I decided I had to get some exercise and got on my bike (literally).

I took these at the turn-around point on my 15 mile ride:


It was quite good but I was reminded often that I am not really a cyclist - both by my thighs and my struggles to remember to stay to the right on the side streets that I usually run down the left side of.

Happily since then I've managed two consecutive days of running, so maybe I've turned the corner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.