Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 7.278: Lego - sorted!

One of the things I learned from all the parenting books I have read over the years was the art of giving a child a choice in which any of the options were acceptable. It has been a successful tactic - not 100% reliable admittedly especially as the kids have got older and wiser.

Now it seems that E5N1 has started applying it himself. On Saturday he asked me, "Shall we make the plane or the car?" Gesturing towards two Lego set instruction booklet covers. I chose the plane and of course that committed me to a weekend of searching though a huge pile of Lego pieces for the correct blocks. 

On day two, I suggested that the searching might go quicker if we did some bulk sorting of the blocks as we searched, so i started some colour piles and before we knew where we were we had an excellent plane and a lot of sorted Lego blocks:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.