Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 7.345: Exile #2's Sunday Column #36

Exile #2 writes...

When we moved to Maine, I came over a little bit Pinterest and decided we needed a chalk board on our kitchen wall. I wasn't really planning to use it for organization. We have a dry erase board for that. I thought instead it might be nice to have something on which to write thoughts. Exile #1, in particular, finds this amusing. Of course, I did rather shoot myself in the foot by buying him a de-motivational calendar for Christmas last year, including pithy sayings such as: Multitasking -the art of doing twice as much as you should half as well as you could.

Anyway, the board remains in place and my advent challenge has been to add a word a day to make a word cloud (I was a little concerned about a week ago but at this point, I think I'm home free!).


My other challenge (perhaps also a little bit Pinterest) was to make some Christmas decorations using wooden Scrabble tiles. They just happen to be the four words our church has chosen to use while lighting the advent candles and I'm quite pleased with how they came out.


I'm also pleased that apart from a bit of cooking and wrapping, most of the rushing around is done and we can enjoy the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.