Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day 8.042: Running on the beach

I went for my longest run since... (checks running log) September 14th this morning. It was fifteen miles and all being well I will break that every week from now until the week before my marathon in May/

As I have observed before, I could just run my long runs around the areas I run on other days, but since I can, I usually try to go somewhere to see something. This morning, I reached the beach just after sunrise. As I approached these were my views.


Yes, both those pictures feature very normal-sized fences.

Then down on to the beach, where I ran, slipped and fell flat on my face, pondered the strangeness, wondered which of the ways off the beach were passable by a guy in running gear and took this picture (not in that order):


The beach really is a strange place at this time of year. Well, except now, anything above the tide line will be covered in a fresh coating of snow, since we're getting our latest shot of it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.