Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 8.113: Exile #2's Sunday Column #55

Exile #2 writes...

The weather has been pretty perfect this weekend and like thirsty people reaching an oasis, we have made full use of it! In fact some of us (and by that I mean me) are slightly pink as a consequence. No one else seems to have suffered though. So I'll consider myself to be the canary in the coal mine (even if I look more like a cardinal) and stock up with sun screen tomorrow.

Yesterday, we enjoyed our first parade of 2015 and a very good one it was too, including everything from a flotilla of unicyclists to a walking chocolate chip cookie. Surprisingly, the parade came with a side of maypole dancing, which I hadn't seen since doing it myself at Exile #4's age.


Today we headed to the park after church with the Middle Schoolers for an, until recently unthinkable, picnic. We also tested out the pretty fancy beach volleyball courts. The game was fairly comical, owing to the use of an inflatable beach ball and some brisk prevailing winds but a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.