Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 8.121: Maine Coast Marathon - take 2

How to sum-up my day yesterday?

I could tell you how the hopes of a cool misty morning:


...evaporated as quickly as the mist before the race started.

I could tell you how my "A" goal was put aside at the beginning of the race and my "B" goal:


...slipped away along with my ability to ignore the heat at about mile 22.

But, I should probably say that in a fantastically organised race with the least possible luck with the weather (the high today was in the 50's rather than the 80's and would have been perfect for running):


... I had a pretty good run (better than many who I passed in the latter stages struggling much worse than I was), loved the scenery and the support and:


...finished with a PR and a BQ and was greeted by my family who love me even though I undertake these crazy activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.