Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 8.114: Running update

I'll spare you the statistics today. I'm at the end of my marathon training cycle all I need to do is stay sane, uninjured and well until Sunday and then hope for some good running weather.

The staying sane part is the trick. Lack of running combined with the approach of the make-or-break moment does tend to induce a kind of madness.

This is a photo from Sunday when I did my last long-ish run of "just" thirteen miles. I took it when I ran down a road I'd never run down before - something I generally only manage on my longest runs at this point - so it was a nice surprise.


So, obsessive watching of the weather forecast (quite good but getting worse at the moment), obsessive monitoring of the health of those around me (E5N1 is still coughing but I suspect he caught that from me) and obsessive obsessing over the state of my body (niggles in feet and calves but probably nothing to worry about) is what I'll mostly be doing this week, and then...race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.