Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 8.133: Not what I was expecting

We hadn't made much in the way of plans for our Memorial Day weekend, but I definitely wasn't expecting to spend the Saturday morning here:


Yes, that is an examination table at the doctor's office.

The thing is yesterday evening I suffered a bout of the wonderfully-named micturition syncope. You can look it up if you want, but let's just say that one moment I was minding my own business and the next E5N1 was knocking on the bathroom door to see if I was OK because he'd heard a big thump. The big thump was me hitting first the bath tub and then the floor.

I was largely OK but we did make a call to the on-call doctor who said I should really attend the Saturday clinic to get checked out. So I did.

Then I broke the EKG machine.

Just by getting wired to it.

This meant that we were there rather longer than expected, but apart from a rather bruised and sore back (the part of me that hit the tub (rather than my head - happily) and a follow-up appointment after the holiday, I appear to be fine.

We did actually manage a significant chunk of yard-work and a short hike, so all was not lost, but - hopefully - the rest of the weekend will be a little less unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. Poor you!! Hope you're fully recovered now.
    - BB

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.