Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 8.242: Lost and found

Last November, after we had been in the house for seven months or so, we recorded a second album of songs as our little musical project. We managed this despite the fact that a large number of the cables, adapters and even microphones that we had used to make our first recording had not turned up despite plenty of concerted looking and the fact that we had unpacked everything.

We've now been here for well over a year and recently I started setting up to make another recording and found myself getting more and more annoyed that the items were still missing. I was almost at the point of buying some replacements when I decided to have an umpteenth look for the missing items.

Having turned out various closets again and opened bags and boxes I knew I had looked in before, I despairingly looked around the unfinished part of the basement. I saw the beer brewing stuff on the shelf and thought, not for the first time, that I really must brew some more beer soon. Then I realised that the brew keg was on one shelf and the bottles were on the next shelf and that didn't leave much of the kit to be in the still-sealed-from-the-move box.


I think you know where this is going. Sure enough, stuffed into the box on top of the remaining few bits of beer home-brew equipment was this box:


Exile #2 must have packed all the good stuff in there when she dis-assembled the recording studio as we were getting ready to sell the house and the movers must have slipped it in before taping up the beer kit box.

I suppose, to be fair, it is a beer box in itself.

Much more importantly, I now have all the recording equipment I have been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.