Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 9.245: Exile #2's Sunday Column #122

Exile #2 writes...

This morning was a busy one. Exile #1 took his last extremely long run before he starts cutting back in preparation for the Maine Marathon. I put on my very-rarely-worn teacher's hat to lead the first class of the season in Sunday School. Class sizes fluctuate wildly. Sometimes there are only a handful of kids. I thought I'd adjusted my expectations appropriately for it being the beginning of term. Still, even I was caught by surprise when 19 came through the door. It was definitely cosy!

It was so late by the time we got out, that we decided to go for lunch at our nearby favorite burger place. E5N1, Exile #3 and I placed our orders and found somewhere to sit while Exiles #1 and #4 placed theirs. When they arrived, Exile #1 seemed a little shocked. Turns out this was going to be our last Thurston's burger, as they are closing down today. It was a good burger. We will definitely miss them. Perhaps we need to start taking packed (bagged) lunches?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.