Friday, January 19, 2024

Day 17.009: Early start - for nothing

With a similarly early start as I had for the outbound journey, I found myself at the airport in good time for my 7 am flight, only to discover that we were heading into the middle of an all-day winter storm in Baltimore. 

Around 6:15, they let us know that our new schedule was to depart at 8:30. I could have used that hour and a half differently and it now put my connection in doubt. 

In the end, we got away on that revised schedule and by then my flight out of Baltimore was delayed by an hour. 


We left the gate pretty much with that hour delay, but then had a lot of waiting around for de-icing to be done and it was two more hours before we took off. In the end I was about two and a half hours late getting back to Portland, but - all things considered - that felt like a win. 

2 comments:

Anonymous comments allowed - Name (with optional URL) preferred.